The mission of the Valley Community Foundation (VCF) is to connect private philanthropy to the long-term public good of the Greater Valley. VCF serves Ansonia, Derby, Oxford, Seymour and Shelton, Connecticut.
We are dedicated to making the Valley a better place to live and work, both now and in the future by:
- providing leadership on critical community issues
- encouraging and engaging people to play a role in improving the Valley's quality of life
- increasing philanthropy; which lifts our entire region
- attracting and making grants from permanent endowed funds
- connecting donors with vital non-profit organizations
- managing and growing the endowments of non-profit organizations
The Valley Community Foundation partners with The Community Foundation for Greater New Haven (TCF) to carry-out its mission in Ansonia, Derby, Oxford, Seymour and Shelton.
This relationship provides VCF with access to the strength of TCF, which was established in 1928 and is one of the oldest and largest community foundations in the United States and remains the largest grantmaker to nonprofits serving a twenty-town region in the heart of central Connecticut.
VCF shares a CFO and uses TCF's investment expertise, programming and development knowledge. This strong relationship provides VCF with an immediate support structure that allows it Board of Directors to focus on leadership and development.