The Valley Community Foundation (VCF) was established in 2004 to serve the five Valley communities (Ansonia, Derby, Oxford, Seymour and Shelton) by increasing philanthropy in the region; managing and growing endowment funds; and making grants to local nonprofits to improve the quality of life for the people of the Valley. VCF is also the philanthropic partner of The Community Foundation for Greater New Haven (TCF)
Title: Executive Assistant/Office Manager
Reports to: President and CEO
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reporting directly to the President/CEO, the Executive Assistant/Office Manager works independently performing a wide range of complex and confidential administrative and clerical support duties. The position requires excellent communication and interpersonal skills and ability to provide information and service to a wide range of internal and external constituents.
- Support the President/CEO in all areas including: manage correspondence and inquiries; coordinate communications; arrange, prepare for and handle necessary follow-up work for meetings; make travel arrangements for the President, Board of Directors and staff; maintain the President’s schedule, and act as liaison with staff.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for the President’s office to the Board of Directors and provide support to the Board in all areas, such as new board member orientation, communication of relevant information, and maintenance of the Board’s website.
- Manage all facets of Board meetings and events, including planning and scheduling, putting together and distributing the agenda, Board book and other materials and drafting and distributing meeting minutes.
- Coordinate and/or support committee meetings, events, conferences, gatherings, and other special committee work that may arise.
- Oversee office management, including but not limited to: troubleshooting technology, purchasing and maintaining inventory of office supplies; creating and maintaining filing systems; providing general office and housekeeping support; and assisting in the assessment of appropriate space needs.
- Create a welcoming, organized and efficient environment for all internal and external constituents/customers
- Monitor the budget, including tracking revenue and expenditures and providing reports.
- Handle Accounts Payable and gift receipt/acknowledgment processes while interfacing with TCF staff.
- Use multiple technical applications including database management, spreadsheets, electronic calendar, email and Internet.
- Other duties, as required
- Associates degree required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Five years of related experience with proven office administration, solid customer service skills with proven attention to detail and flexibility for job requirements.
- Ability to maintain the utmost confidentiality
- Ability to work and remain composed under the pressure of tight deadlines; ability to take the lead with minimal supervision and manage effectively under demanding conditions and with demanding people
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, in particular, strong writing and editing skills
- Strong planning, organizational and project management skills; ability to complete assignments independently, professionally and in a timely manner
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving, troubleshooting and decision-making capabilities; demonstrated ability to identify procedural problems or inefficiencies and to recommend and implement improvements
- Proficiency in MS Office – specifically Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel and experience with database management
Applicants should submit a cover letter and resume/C.V. to Human_Resources@cfgnh.org no later than March 20, 2020. Applicants should also indicate in the body of the email where they found this job posting. No phone calls please.
The Valley Community Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.