The mission of the Valley Community Foundation (VCF) is to make the Valley a better place to live and work, both now and in the future, by connecting private philanthropy to the long-term public good of the Valley.
We are committed to:
- providing leadership on critical community issues
- encouraging and engaging people to play a role in improving the Valley's quality of life
- increasing philanthropy; which lifts our entire region
- attracting and making grants from
- connecting donors with vital non-profit organizations
- managing and growing the endowments of non-profit organizations
The Valley Community
This relationship provides VCF with access to the strength of TCF, which was established in 1928 and is one of the oldest and largest community foundations in the United States and remains the largest grantmaker to nonprofits serving a twenty-town region in the heart of central Connecticut.
VCF shares a CFO and uses TCF's investment expertise, programming,
Mission Statement on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion:
To create a more inclusive and equitable Valley where everyone has the opportunity to reach their potential.