Resources for Nonprofits
The Valley Community Foundation's relationship with grant recipients not only involves funding for important programs but includes investment in organizational capacity and knowledge building. To assist its grantees in these areas, VCF has compiled a list of resources below:
- DataHaven: your interactive data resource providing easy access to data and context information for over 400 indicators of community well-being in Greater New Haven and Lower Naugatuck Valley area.
- GNH Community: your interactive website for sharing perspectives and technology resources about the non-profit community in the Greater New Haven area.
- Connecticut Council for Philanthropy: your resource for networking, news and information on grantmaking and philanthropy in Connecticut.
- Connecticut Association of Non-profits: your source for education and training, advocacy and public policy information and a non-profit resource library. CT Nonprofits is the largest membership organization in the state dedicated exclusively to non-profits in Connecticut.
- Community Health Data Scan for Connecticut: a Web site consisting of charts, maps, data and notes on the social characteristics, health and well-being of Connecticut's residents (commissioned by the CT Health Foundation).
- Reports and other publications: these reports and publications serve as references to non-profits about issues impacting the communities they serve as well as the broader community.
Nonprofit Management Resource Center
Our partner in philanthropy, The Community Foundation for Greater New Haven has created a Resource Center for nonprofits, accessible through their website and designed for nonprofits serving the Greater New Haven and Lower Naugatuck Valley.
The Center is a tool for Executive Directors, other staff members, Board Chairs and other Board members to provide information on best practices, tips and tools for organizational operations and links to resources on a variety of topics.