Professional Advisors Event: Settled Landscape
Sept. 4, 2019: Join us for a special program on the benefits and challenges of the 2018 tax law changes.
Lessons from the 2018 Tax Law Changes
Wednesday, September 4, 2019
4:00 p.m. - 6:30 p.m. (program begins at 4:30 p.m.)
The Blake Hotel
9 High St., New Haven
PanelistsAttorney Karen L. Clute, Partner, Wiggin and Dana
John D. Gordon, CPA, Partner, Donald L. Perlroth & Company
Peter J. Secrist, Vice President and Senior Portfolio Manager, Halsey Associates, Inc.
Dotty Weston-Murphy, CAP,® Senior Vice President for Development and Donor Services, The Community Foundation for Greater New Haven
ModeratorAttorney Kimberly I. McCarthy, Vice President, Chief Wealth Management Tax and Benefits Officer, Washington Trust Wealth Management
- The good, the bad and the lessons from the 2018 tax law changes, including estate tax.
- The challenges and opportunities for year-end tax planning.
- Giving trends as a result of a complex year for charitable giving.
- Customized, flexible strategies for clients that maximize tax benefits while also supporting informed charitable planning.
- Continuing Professional Education Credits (CPE) available.
- Continuing Legal Education Credits (CLE) pending.