Board Practices and Best Practices
Apr 12, 2022 - Apr 14, 2022
6:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
The most effective organizations have boards and staff that work together effectively. We begin with a close look at board recruitment, structure, operations and culture, and explore the responsibility to provide financial sustainability.
Designed for board-staff teams, this two-part, practical training addresses the complementary roles board members play in their organization's governance and resource development.
Topics covered will include:
- BoardSource’s 10 Basic Responsibilities; Legal Obligations
- Board Member Recruitment
- On-boarding new Board members
- Running a good Board meeting
- Assessing Board and Board member performance
- Board’s relationship with the Executive Director
- Staff and Board Succession planning
- Fundraising is everyone’s job
To maximize the benefit of this workshop, each organization must have at least one staff member and at least two Board members in attendance (all volunteer organizations should come with a team of three or four). Additional Board and staff participants are strongly encouraged to attend.
Participants are asked to attend both sessions.
For questions or changes in registration, please contact Stephanie Chung.