Nonprofit Executive Leaders’ Institute 2024
A four-day intensive program for Nonprofit Executive Directors with no more than five years in the leadership role. Applications for the 2024 program are now closed. Applicants will be notified of the selection results by December 1, 2023.
Nov 13, 2023
Mercy by the Sea Retreat and Conference Center, 167 Neck Road, Madison, CT
Exclusively for nonprofit CEOs/Executive Directors: This four-day intensive program will provide a comprehensive overview of the key management and leadership issues participants face on a daily basis and will help provide the skills and knowledge required to manage and lead.
Participants will learn from highly-skilled and knowledgeable presenters in a variety of fields who will provide tools to help them achieve success in their positions. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) concepts will be centered at the beginning of our time together and will be threaded into all topic areas.
Participants will also have the opportunity to develop a network of peers with whom to learn and share ideas. This network will extend beyond the retreat with regular convenings of this cohort.
This program is free, but participants must be in residence at the Mercy by the Sea in Madison for the full program and participate in all activities and sessions. Participants will be selected through an application process, in order to create a group that has potential to learn and grow together.
To qualify for consideration:
- Applicants must currently be the CEO of a Greater New Haven- or Valley-based nonprofit.
- The nonprofit must have been in existence for at least one year (501c3 status).
- The CEO must have been in the leadership role for not more than five years.
Priority will be given to:
- Nonprofits with an independent Board of Directors of at least five people (not including the CEO, other staff or the family members of the Executive Director and/or staff).
- CEOs who spend a minimum of 30 hours of compensated time each week in their role.
If you intend to apply, we ask that you reserve these dates on your calendar now:
- Sun., Jan. 28, 2024, 12:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Mon., Jan. 29, 2024, 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Tue., Jan. 30, 2024, 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Wed., Jan. 31, 2024, 8:00 a.m.- 6:30 p.m.
Applications for the 2024 program are now closed.
Applicants will be notified of the selection results by December 1, 2023.
Please note: The online application form will allow you to input your answers so long as the page remains open on your browser, but does not allow you to save your answers and close the page without submitting your responses. For your convenience, a preview of the narrative questions on the application which may require more time to answer can be found below. You may wish to compose your answers to these questions in advance, then copy and paste them into the form.
PREVIEW OF NARRATIVE QUESTIONS:
- What is the strongest skill you bring to your organization, and how do you use it in your work?
- Please list the professional development, trainings and learning experiences that you have had related to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging.
- Have you attended the Racial Equity Institute’s foundational 3-hour workshop, The Groundwater Approach (offered by The Community Foundation for Greater New Haven)?
- What is the biggest challenge you have in the management of your organization?
- Please explain why you wish to participate in this program and describe how you think it will be beneficial to you as a leader and to your organization.
- Which topic areas of the Institute are you most interested in and why?