Retirement Matters: Helping Your Clients Plan Through a Lifetime, from Accumulation to Distribution (RECORDED)
Feb 16, 2023
12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Michael D’Addio, JD, Principal, MARCUM LLP and Laurie Ingwersen, Managing Partner, Senior Wealth Management Advisor, The Harvest Group
On Feb. 16, Laurie Ingwersen of the Harvest Group, and Michael D’Addio of Marcum, LLP unpacked recent changes affecting retirement plans for both individuals and employers.
What We Heard
- Increased contribution limits for 401K/403b plans, simple and SEP plans.
- Employers are matching student loan payments with contributions to IRAs.
- Increased age range for clients to catch up on retirement contributions.
- Reduced penalties for failure to take a required minimum distribution.
- Significant lifetime tax advantages to using the qualified charitable distribution (QCD), particularly for residents of Connecticut.
- Internal Revenue Service trends and activities regarding gifts of personal property, including cryptocurrency.
- QCD rules regarding age of donor and when the gift is from inherited retirement assets.
Michael D’Addio, JD
Laurie Ingwersen, CFP®, CRPC®, CDFA™, CEPA®, CBC
Managing Partner, Senior Wealth Management Advisor
The Harvest Group
For questions about our advisor services, please contact Sharon Cappetta CAP®,
Director of Development