Ansonia Public Library's Mosaic Makeover
Restoration to the mosaic tile floor preserves a beautiful piece of history
The mosaic floor of the Ansonia Public Library's main entrance on South Cliff Street got a fresh new look after a restoration project that took place during the summer of 2015.
With the help of a VCF Needs and Opportunities Grant, the Friends of the Ansonia Library had the tiles repaired and replaced by John Cavaliere of Lyric Hall Antiques and Conservation. Cavaliere had previously restored the building's clock tower and water fountain, located on the front lawn.
The mosaic has been the centerpiece of the entryway since the Library opened in 1890.
Greg Stamos, a Valley Community Foundation former Board member, also helped support the project with grants from his donor advised funds at VCF. He and his father, Peter Stamos, were in attendance at the re-dedication ceremony.