Valley Nonprofits Participate in 2022 Great Give Fundraising Event
2022 Great Give Fundraising Event
At last count, 49 Valley nonprofits - more than ever before - have signed up to participate in the annual Great Give on May 4-5.
The 36-hour online fundraising event, created by The Community Foundation for Greater New Haven (CFGNH) in 2010, unites donors with area nonprofits.
The Great Give raises money and awareness for area causes with valuable matching funds and prizes from CFGNH, the Valley Community Foundation (VCF), and other generous sponsors.
“We are so thrilled that once again our Valley nonprofits are taking advantage of this extraordinary fundraising event,” said Sharon Closius, VCF’s President & CEO. “Last year, Valley residents were so generous in supporting our area nonprofits and I am sure we will see that spirit of giving again.”
Closius said VCF is sponsoring The Great Give again this year with a $20,000 donation for the matching pool, and $5,000 for special prizes. She also said more Valley nonprofits are expected to sign up as the deadline is April 22.
Last year, $414,977 was donated by individual Valley donors, and VCF donor advised fund holders, benefiting 41 nonprofits in Ansonia, Derby, Oxford, Seymour and Shelton. In total, the 2021 Great Give raised $3.5 million for 431 area nonprofits.
- To participate as a nonprofit: Register here. Deadline for nonprofits is April 22, 2022.
- To donate to nonprofits during the Great Give: Visit TheGreatGive.org between 8 a.m. on May 4 and 8 p.m. on May 5, choose one or more charitable organizations and donate. (advance giving opens on April 25; visit TheGreatGive.org for additional details about the event, including giving incentives)
Participating Valley Nonprofits as of April 13, 2022
- Adam's House
- Area Congregations Together
- Assumption School
- Blessing Pantry/Trinity Church Seymour
- Boys & Girls Club of the Lower Naugatuck Valley
- Bunlandia Rabbit Rescue and Rehab
- Center Stage Theatre
- Church of The Good Shepherd Episcopal Shelton CT
- Coco's Animal Rescue Efforts of Seymour
- Connecticut Hurricanes Drum & Bugle Corps Inc.
- Cornell Scott-Hill Health Center
- Derby Historical Society
- Derby Neck Library Association
- Derby Running Club
- Echo Hose Hook & Ladder Ambulance Corps., Inc.
- Friends of the Ansonia Nature Center
- Griffin Hospital
- Haven's Harvest
- Housatonic Council, Boy Scouts of America
- Junior Achievemet of Greater Fairfield County
- Literacy Volunteers of Greater New Haven
- Massaro Community Farm
- Master's Table Community Meals
- Oxford High School Booster Club
- Oxford Historical Society
- Oxford Land Trust
- Pop Warner Football of Derby, Inc. aka Derby Pop Warner
- Project Purple
- Seymour Ambulance Association
- Seymour Oxford Food Bank, Inc.
- Seymour Pink
- Shelton Economic Development Corporation
- Shelton Historical Society
- Shelton Land Conservation Trust
- St. Mary-St. Michael School
- St. Vincent de Paul Thrift Shop & Food Bank
- Storm Ambulance Corps
- TEAM, Inc.
- The Recreation Camp
- The WorkPlace
- Traveler On A Mission
- Valley Arts Council
- Valley Community Foundation
- Valley Independent Sentinel (Online Journalism Project)
- Valley Shakespeare Festival
- Valley United Way
- Valley YMCA
- Women In Networking (WIN) Entrepreneurial Grant Fund
About the Valley Community Foundation
Established in 2004, each year the Valley Community Foundation (VCF) distributes approximately $2 million in grants that support local nonprofits and people they serve. In addition to grantmaking, VCF works in strong partnership with The Community Foundation for Greater New Haven (CFGNH), to promote philanthropy in Ansonia, Derby, Oxford, Seymour and Shelton and receives funding from The Gates Fund and other preference funds at TCF that benefit the Valley. For more information, visit www.valleyfoundation.org.
Follow @cfgnh and @vcfct for information about The Great Give. Use #TheGreatGive when sharing information