Stepping Forward: Advancing Opportunity and Equity in the Time of COVID
Feb 01, 2021
6:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
Presented on Zoom; also streamed live on Facebook
Opening Statement: Flemming L. Norcott Jr.; Panelists: Khalilah L. Brown-Dean; Addys Castillo; William W. Ginsberg; Onyeka Obiocha; Marcella Nunez-Smith; Garrett Sheehan; Moderator: Jacqueline Rabe Thomas
The Community Foundation for Greater New Haven hosted a panel discussion and community conversation on Feb. 1: Stepping Forward: Advancing Opportunity and Equity in the Time of COVID.
Stepping Forward is an unparalleled response in The Foundation’s 90+ year history to the unprecedented impact of the COVID-19 pandemic and to the racial inequities that have for far too long existed in our community.
Flemming L. Norcott Jr., Community Foundation Board Chair and Retired Connecticut State Supreme Court Justice
Jacqueline Rabe Thomas, Reporter covering Education, Housing and Inequality Reporter at The CT Mirror
- Khalilah L. Brown-Dean, Ph.D., Community Foundation Board member and past Chair; Associate Professor of Political Science and Senior Director for Inclusive Excellence at Quinnipiac University
- Addys Castillo, M.S., M.P.A., Executive Director of Citywide Youth Coalition
- William W. Ginsberg, President & CEO of The Community Foundation
- Marcella Nunez-Smith, M.D., M.H.S., Community Foundation Board member and Vice Chair; Associate Professor of Medicine, Public Health and Management; and Founding Director of the Equity Research and Innovation Center (ERIC) at Yale University; Chair of the Biden-Harris COVID-19 Health Equity Task Force
- Onyeka Obiocha, Managing Director at Tsai Center for Innovative Thinking at Yale University
- Garrett Sheehan, President & CEO of the Greater New Haven Chamber of Commerce